Sunday, May 4, 2008

CSPM Class of 2009 Junior Dinner

One more year until he's a doctor!

Evan's class at the California School of Podiatric Medicine had it's Junior Dinner a few nights ago. It was held at Fandorin Restaurant near the San Francisco Airport. The restaurant is right on the water with a great view.

Sorry you can't see the beautiful waterfront view behind us!




We went with our friends and ex-apartment managers (pictured below). You can read her account of the event here.

Here's Evan with one of the favors the students got - a shoe horn!
It's shaped like a foot and says, "CSPM Class of 2009."
Wow! 2009 used to seem so far away when we moved here from Washington three years ago! I can't believe that time has flown by so fast! (I don't think Evan thinks the time has gone fast enough, though. Medical school must be harder than teaching!)

It was a very nice restaurant. It was fun to go somewhere fancy. Fandorin is a Russian restaurant that the class president's wife picked. (They are both Russian.) There were a lot of appetizers and I thought they were the highlight of the meal. We really didn't need a main dish after we ate our salads, bread, and all the wonderful appetizers. I thought I was quite adventurous trying new things, especially since I didn't know what most of the foods were until I came home and read the menu online. Some of the appetizers were crepes filled with duck comfit with raspberry sauce, pirozhki, pelmeni, pierogies, shrimp with caviar, and smoked eel. (I didn't try the caviar or eel; I'm just taking baby steps at this adventurous food thing.) The entree was a little weird. I'm not sure what it was - chicken and beef cooked in a strange way. It was served with gnocchi in cheese sauce, which I really liked. Here I am trying to get Evan to eat the mystery meat that was served as the main dish.
Our friend, Toni, wasn't a big fan of the food. She was hoping they would serve macaroni and cheese.

They had a dance floor and a DJ. Evan and I enjoyed dancing to the one slow song they played the entire night. I couldn't get Evan out on the dance floor during any of the fast songs, though.


We sat with the sober crowd. (This really only included 4 of the LDS students and their dates, plus 1 other classmate and his girlfriend.) After a fellow classmate of Evan's shouted out, "Here's to drinking!" our friend, Karson, held up the water pitcher and shouted back the same thing. Karson also entertained everyone with his impressive dance moves. (Sorry no pictures of that. You might check YouTube later, though.)

Here's some other random pictures from the event:




4 comments:

Debbi said...

I love your dress - and even better you got it for such a good deal! Fun, I really am looking forward to the dance video of Evan ;) haha! You will have to save that shoe horn forever!

Bowles said...

Looks like a super fun night! Sorry you didn't take advantage of the drinking though. The food may have been better if you were a little tipsy. You guys looked hot all dressed up! Mainly you but Ev cuts a good figure now and then.;)
Congratulations on getting though the 3 years of Pod.school. Good luck on the next part!

Bowles said...

Jenny, call us when you have some free minutes on your cell phone. I would like to know how your !baby shower! went and what is left on your list of items to get.
Thanks.

The Bec-ster said...

I love your dress! Very classy!
I will miss you guys ! New Mexico seems a long way away. Thanks for the school stuff! My family will use it and it won't be a waste passing it on to our home!